segunda-feira, 5 de maio de 2008

A little bit of jazz



Louis Armstrong was born in 1901 (that was more than a hundred years ago!), but until today he's the top-of-mind name when you think about jazz.
According to Wikipedia, "Armstrong was a charismatic, innovative performer whose improvised soloing was the main influence for a fundamental change in jazz, shifting its focus from collective improvisation to the solo player and improvised soloing" (read the complete article here).

He was from a poor family from New Orleans, and can you believe that his grandparents were slaves? God doesn't choose people by color nor social conditions to give His gifts.

Here's the lyric of Armstrong's most famous song, "What a wonderful world".
While you read it, push "play" and "pause" at the video bellow the lyric and let it load. After you read, push "play" again and listen to the song :)

What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands, saying, 'how do you do?'
They're really saying, 'I love you'

I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more, than I'll never know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Yes, I think to myself, what a wonderful world"


Beautiful, isn't it? This song was released in 1967, and its lyrics talk about the beauty in the little things of your everyday life, in a very optimistic way.
Now, watch the video and enjoy yourself with one of the best male voices in the world. Louis Armstrong rocks!!



And you, students and teachers? Do you guys like jazz? What other jazz songs do you like? Is this your favorite music style?
If it isn't, which style do you prefer?

Kisses and have a nice week :}

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Obrigado por visitar o nosso BLOG. Volte sempre!