sexta-feira, 18 de novembro de 2011

A poem/song by Nathália (Inter 6)

Hello guys! How are you today?

Some weeks ago I did a very cool exercise with my inter 6 students. We were studying about "pushy parents" and the students were supposed to write a letter pretending they were a child who had this kind of parents. After some cries of "but how many liiines?!" I received a few short e-mails with their extra activities. Good enough.
Surprisingly, the next week one of my students -Nathália Reis, who I always claim to have an artistic soul hidden behind her apparent harshness- handed me a poem as her composition. I was so happy to see that the theme I had proposed inspired her that much! It's a very nice poem about being true to yourself despite other people's pressure. Enjoy it!

What you wanna be (Nathália Reis)


I'm not you
You can't see that
I can't be everything yu want
I'm not a perfect child
I try to do my best
But the best for you is not enough

Sometimes I want to run away
Disappear
I can't find a way
To be perfect for you

This pressure
Will kill me
Everytime you say "you aren't like this"
"I don't love you, my child"
You don't know how this hurt me
But I can't be what you wanna be

I lost my childhood
Doing just what you want
I want to be just myself
Looks lime someone else (this is just what I want)

Look at me
And say what you see
You'll find nothing
You can't say nothing about my dreams

Look at me
And say what you see
I'm not you
I'm just me.





Cool, isn't it? I love when my students produce such beautiful and nice things to express themselves.

Have a nice weekend you all!

xoxo,
Bel

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Obrigado por visitar o nosso BLOG. Volte sempre!